Midsummer Swap 2007
It’s that time of the year again! When we organise the Midsummer Challenge that is. We’ve had a wonderful response in the challenges last year and we hope for the same this year. :)
So here’s another chance for you to read that one Faramir slash story you wished someone would write… and to return the favour by writing one in return. If you want to join in,
please sign up using the form below you’re too late this time, but check back in October/November for the start of our next Midwinter Challenge! And of course you’re always welcome to submit a challenge.
AUTHORS: We’re looking forward to receiving your contributions. Please email them to email@example.com before Friday 22 June, noon GMT (time left: Time’s up! If you haven’t done so already, please sent us your story a.s.a.p.).
Send us your request by: Sunday 13 May, 2007 (Time left: Submission is now closed)
Assignments will be sent out no later than Sunday 20 May
Last date of submission: Friday 22 June, noon GMT (Time left: Time’s up! If you haven’t done so already, please sent us your story a.s.a.p.)
All stories will be posted here on Midsummer – Sunday 24 June at noon GMT.
Exchange challenge rules
1. This is a Faramir slash fic exchange. Therefore all resulting stories will (a) feature Faramir as one of its main characters (and not an innocent bystander), will (b) be slashy (though you are free to request any rating you wish, and write any rating that you wish if your request mentions none), and (c) will be of fic length (ie. no drabbles).
2. Stories MUST be complete. If you request a fic you undertake to write a fic. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TIME & INCLINATION TO FULFILL YOUR PART OF THE DEAL. It’s not fair on whoever your request comes from if they do their part but do not receive their fic in return.
3. Please make your fic request as detailed as you like. You can just give a rough or vague idea if you want to, but this is your chance to get something very specific written if that’s your desire. However, don’t be so detailed that whoever receives your request would have to write a multi-chaptered epic to fulfill it: that, again, would not be fair on that other writer. We’re aiming for one-shot fics here. If you’re not sure what that is, have a look at the previous entries here and here. If you have a longer challenge, or do not feel up to the task of writing a story in return, you’re always welcome to send us your bunnies for posting on our Challenges page.
If you want you can also let us know if there are some things you don’t want to write, but please don’t rule out so much (say all but one pairing, or all but one situation) that it’ll be impossible for us to match you up with someone else’s request.
4. Please adhere to the deadlines for both sending in fic requests (13 May) and also for completed fics at the end of the challenge (24 June). If you should run into unforeseen trouble, please let us know as soon as possible.
5. You should receive at least two emails from us: first an email as soon as you sign up using the form below, with all the data that you entered, and then another email before or on May 20 with your assignment. PLEASE EMAIL US IF YOU DON’T RECEIVE EITHER ONE OF THOSE EMAILS.
And last but not least:
6. This swap should be more about the joy of giving than of receiving. If you give us the impression you’re participating in order to get someone to write your plot bunny for you while you make light of your part of the bargain, you’re not going to make friends with us. So if you ask for a lot while trying to get away with doing as little as possible yourself, you may be refused entry in future swaps.
It’s our party, we bought the drinks and got up early to make snacks, so we invite whom we want to.